|WinUAE 0.9.92 "WinUAE 1.0 public beta #3"
|WinUAE is a Windows port of the UAE Amiga Emulator.
Final beta before 1.0 (?)
- Regular HDF TD_GEOMETRY returned incorrect data.
- Filesystem bug fix (0.9.90-91).
- Stardust starwars-scroller in cycle-exact mode.
- SuperStardust AGA tunnel-section and Superfrog intro bee flashing plus other sprite emulation fixes.
- Random disk formatting verify errors when using non-turbo mode
- Display corruption/crashes if display width was larger than 1024 and display depth was 32bit.
- Windowed mode window close button didn't work if "Use CTRL+F11 to quit" was enabled
- input-panel autofire yes/no-selection
- AVIOutput video recording bug in interlaced modes
- Filesystem emulation now uses NTFS named streams to store Amiga FS protection flags and comment instead of _UAEFSDB.__-files.
- Postscript printer emulation using Ghostscript. All Windows supported printers work now. Amiga-side only needs standard Amiga Postscript printer driver.
- Automatic print job flush after user configurable timeout.
- Improved hardfile creation, filesystem selection(OFS/FFS/SFS) etc..
- Disk swapper key shortcuts.
- GUI drag'n'drop. (no more ugly up/down arrows)
- screenshots are now named _xxx.bmp
- user configurable emulation speed adjustment from 5 to 100 fps
- rar and 7zip -archive support (using archiveaccess.dll)
- some custom chipset emulation improvements here and there.
- improved drive click sound emulation
- X-Arcade build-in key mappings
- onscreen disk and HD leds flash red while writing
- "Always on top"-windowed mode setting
[ Website ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 12/24/2004 21:03
|Stardock DesktopX 2.4 Arrives!
|Stardock has released an updated version of its popular desktop enhancement utility, DesktopX.
DesktopX 2.4 allows users to customize their widgets. Each widget has its own properties dialog that enables users to tweak the widget’s z-order, transparency, shadow, color, and whether it automatically runs on start-up or not.
Stardock also added in a host of user suggestions such as widgets saving their position, a cleaner, simpler configuration for DesktopX global settings, and includes an updated DXPlayer which allows users to remote control iTunes, Windows Media Player, ObjectMedia, Winamp and other popular media players from a widget or DesktopX object.
DesktopX is a revolutionary program that lets you enhance your Windows desktop by adding widgets, themes, animated icons, and much more to it. It is part of Stardock's Object Desktop suite of Windows customization utilities.
The program works by extending the Windows desktop to support live objects. These objects can be put together to make “widgets” (mini-applications) or used to build entire desktops. Since DesktopX itself has little overhead, users have total flexibility to decide how much or how little to change your Windows PC with it.
DesktopX has been used to create things ranging from MP3 players, calendars, PC game auto-start programs, computer interfaces in the movies, aquariums, kiosks, and much more.
DesktopX is a free download. Users can upgrade to an enhanced version which adds support for premium widgets and objects, desktop security, and widget creation. The enhanced version is available stand-alone for $19.95 or can be purchased as part of Object Desktop for $49.95.
[ Website ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 12/20/2004 12:44
|KDE Project announces the release of KDE 3.3.2
|The KDE Project announced the immediate availability of KDE 3.3.2, a maintenance release for the latest generation of the most advanced and powerful free desktop for GNU/Linux and other UNIXes. KDE 3.3.2 ships with a basic desktop and eighteen other packages (PIM, administration, network, edutainment, utilities, multimedia, games, artwork, web development and more). KDE's award-winning tools and applications are available in 52 languages (Now including Afrikaans and Galician).
KDE 3.3.2 is a maintenance release which provides corrections of problems reported using the KDE bug tracking system and greatly enhanced support for existing translations and new translations.
[ Full Story ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 12/08/2004 13:37
|Stardock ObjectDock 1.05 released
|ObjectDock is a freeware program that does both program launching and task management with style. When the users mouse is over a dock item, it can zoom up in size.
Stardock also provides ObjectDock Plus which adds support for tabbed docks, system tray displays, multiple docks, multiple monitor support, fly-out menus, and much more.
ObjectDock 1.05 addresses a host of issues reported by users from previous versions and tweaks performance and memory usage further.
[ Website ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 11/11/2004 13:30
|Window Maker 0.90.0 released
|Window Maker is an X11 window manager originally designed to provide integration support for the GNUstep Desktop Environment. In every way possible, it reproduces the elegant look and feel of the NEXTSTEP[tm] user interface.
The ChangeLog is huge, but highlights are:
- NetWM support. This means wmaker should work fine with GNOME 2.x and KDE 3.x
- UTF-8 support
- Antialiased text support via Xft2
- Xinerama support
- Enhanced Alt-Tab window switching
- Font configuration in WPrefs
- Many fixes
[ Website ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 10/23/2004 20:41
|Steem v3.2 released
|Steem is a Freeware Atari STE emulator for Windows and Linux. It is being updated regularly and runs the vast majority of ST software without any problems.
There are quite a few bug fixes plus great new features:
- Rewrote DMA sound again (Badger Demo and lots of other STE programs).
- Fixed some CPU bugs (Wrath of the Demon, Zoolook).
- Fixed read-only disk image read sector bug.
- Fixed big frame bug (War Heli).
- Fixed byte palette bug (lots of mono programs).
- Fixed current time seconds bug.
- Fixed FDC bug (Chaos Strikes Back Replicants crack).
- Fixed FDC IO access bug (White Spirit Demo).
- Allowed programs to set the time/date (Sewer doc displayer).
- Lots and lots of other stuff.
- Made Steem work again on Windows 95.
- Fixed multiple save over last snapshot undo bug.
- XSteem: Improved non-English keyboard mappings.
- Pasti copy-protected disk image library support.
- Disk image database: easy detection of the contents of disk images.
- Vastly improved VSync.
- Undo last reset and undo last load snapshot options.
- XSteem: More features in disk manager.
- XSteem: Web links have returned (and they work now).
- XSteem: Added RtAudio library sound.
- Debug: Lots of stuff.
[ Website ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 10/23/2004 20:39
|Talisman Desktop 2.8 has been released
|Talisman replaces the old and inconvenient Windows desktop by creating your own unique interface or using one of the hundreds professionally designed desktops created for Talisman.
Talisman works on all Windows systems from Windows 95 to Windows XP. Even the users of old Win95 and NT4 systems can use all newest features on their desktops: high resolution icons, wide spectrum of graphical styles, unique effects, objects and functions. The quantity and variety of desktop elements in Talisman are not limited: from simple icons, graphical buttons and zoomers "like in MacOS" to complex scripts, plugins, java games, FLASH, HTML, "Longhorn sidebars" and other objects.
The main new features of Talisman 2.8:
- New default interfaces: MediaCenter, WorldMap, T-Office, Desktop Calendar, FullScreen Clock.
- New keyboard control functions. Now you can work with Talisman from keyboard or remote control units.
- New graphical Main Menu option.
- New Taskbar.
- New functions in Lvolume, Ldrive and LVDM plugins.
- New options for Calendar object: displaying events and texts in the associated Text Block.
- New TimeZone and Scripting functions for the Sytem Clock object.
- New plugin "sendcommand.exe" to send any Talisman commands from third-party applications into Talisman.
- New options for InputBox object: creating Google (Yahoo,MSN and other) searchboxes.
- Connections, Drives, RecentFolders, RecentFiles, Tasks and other new menus and List objects.
- New unique effects for desktop wallpapers. Works by one click!
- Many other new functions, commands and bug fixes.
[ Website | Download | Screenshot ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 10/12/2004 17:38
|Stardock SkinStudio 4.4 released
|SkinStudio is a program that lets users create their own skins for popular programs.
It comes in 3 forms -- a freeware version which is for creating WindowBlinds visual styles, a standard version which lets users create new skins by mixing and matching pieces from other skins, and a Pro version which adds support for creating skins for Windows Media Player.
If you've ever thought of creating your own Windows GUI look or a skin for Windows Media Player, SkinStudio is a program for you. It makes it relatively easy to create such interfaces (skins).
Version 4.4 has improved support for importing .msstyles into WindowBlinds visual style format along with support for making use of shellstyles (Explorer task panels) that are on the top of an explorer window rather than the left side.
SkinStudio is part of Object Desktop or can be downloaded on its own from its home page at www.skinstudio.net which also includes tutorials.
[ Website ]
Bob J. Barreveld @ 09/30/2004 12:16